As spring approaches, it isn’t just our houses that need a cleaning. All winter we eat heavier foods, so now it is time to lighten the load and choose some more detoxing meals. This soup is quick and easy to prep and just needs to be warmed up to enjoy! 🙂
You will need:
2 cups of frozen/fresh Green Peas
1 small cooking Onion
1 large clove of Garlic or 2 small ones
2 cups of chopped Broccoli
1 tbsp of Grape seed Oil
1 tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt
1 tsp of dried Basil
1/2 of chopped Parsley
3 cups of Vegetable Broth
1 tsp Oregano
- If using frozen peas, place peas in a sauce pan covered in water and bring to a boil. When peas are thawed and strained, add to a blender or large food processor.
- Place chopped broccoli in a wok or pan with 1/4 cup of water and let steam until they turn a bright green, then strain water and add to the peas in the blender/food processor.
- In a pan or a soup pot, add grape seed oil, chopped onion and garlic. Turn heat to low-med and let simmer until onions turn translucent. Then add them to the blender/food processor.
- Add salt, basil, parsley, vegetable broth, avocado, and oregano to the blend/ food processor already containing the above ingredients and blend until pureed.
- Pour soup mixture back into the soup pot you may have used and heat on medium until it starts to bubble. Soup is now heated and can be served. If you are not serving right away you can just pour soup from blender/ food processor straight into a sealed glass container for later use.