It is the time of year where you want to start cuddling in your blankets and eating comfort food on those cold days. This one is a filling warm bowl that can be made for the whole family. You need: 1 carton of Vegetable broth …
The most challenging thing to sticking to a good diet is all the prep work that goes into it. Unfortunately eating french fries for lunch everyday is not a solution, even though it technically fits into a Vegan diet. Here I have compiled a bunch of ideas for things to make the night before to have for lunch the next day. They are easy, healthy and will keep you satisfied!
Butternut Squash Chickpea Chili:
This can easily be made in a crock pot over night, or had for dinner and then package the leftovers for lunch the next day. The recipe can be found here: Butternut Squash Chickpea Recipe
Rice Dish with Creamy Garlic Sauce
This is another easy one to have for Dinner and then package for Lunch the next day. The sauce from this recipe can easily be used to top any grain or vegetable dish. Here is the recipe: Rice Dish Recipe
Rice and Cabbage Dish with Sweet Thai Dressing
This one takes a little bit of prep work but is worth every second. Check out the recipe here: Rice and Cabbage Dish with Sweet Thai Dressing
Basic Quinoa Salad
This one is by far the easiest, quickest recipe and it even comes with a video, if you need it. Video: Basic Quinoa Salad Tutorial
Or here is the link to the recipe: Basic Quinoa Salad Recipe
I hope these recipes help make your lunches a little healthier, and inspire you to brown bag it! 🙂
For more health tips and recipes, follow me on Facebook
You will need:
1 cup of Almond Meal
1/2 cup of Sorghum flour
1/2 cup of Rice Flour
1/2 cup of Buckwheat flour
1/2 cup of Tapioca starch
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 tsp of pink Himalayan salt
1/8 tsp of Nutmeg
1/4 tsp of Cardamom
1 tsp of Cinnamon
2 tbsp of coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup of Apple Sauce
1/2 cup of Maple Syrup
1/2 cup of Almond Milk
1/4 cup of chopped Pecans
1/4 cup of chopped Walnuts
Flax Egg (2tbsp of ground flax seed, 4 tbsp of water)
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Mix all dry ingredients together (almond meal, sorghum flour, rice flour, buckwheat flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom)
3) Mix all wet ingredients (melted coconut oil, apple sauce, maple syrup, almond milk, flax egg). Then mix wet and dry together until all clumps are gone and add in chopped nuts (pecans and walnuts). Note: leave about half of the chopped nuts for toppings.
4) Grease or cover a loaf pan with parchment paper then evenly pour the batter into the loaf pan. After levelling out the batter in the pan , evenly sprinkle the rest of the chopped nuts on the loaf.
5) Bake loaf in oven at 350 for 35 mins or until it is baked completely through. Take out and let cool before slicing.
6) Add whatever toppings such as almond butter, maple butter, honey, or chia jam. Enjoy!