Because everyone deserves a treat once in awhile….. But usually my treats are still pretty healthy, all my baking always uses “better” types of sugars (maple syrup, coconut sugar, honey) and of course are always gluten free. Makes approx 11 muffins You will need: 1…
Tag: Gluten Free
As spring approaches, it isn’t just our houses that need a cleaning. All winter we eat heavier foods, so now it is time to lighten the load and choose some more detoxing meals. This soup is quick and easy to prep and just needs to be warmed up to enjoy! 🙂
You will need:
2 cups of frozen/fresh Green Peas
1 small cooking Onion
1 large clove of Garlic or 2 small ones
2 cups of chopped Broccoli
1 tbsp of Grape seed Oil
1 tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt
1 tsp of dried Basil
1/2 of chopped Parsley
3 cups of Vegetable Broth
1 tsp Oregano
- If using frozen peas, place peas in a sauce pan covered in water and bring to a boil. When peas are thawed and strained, add to a blender or large food processor.
- Place chopped broccoli in a wok or pan with 1/4 cup of water and let steam until they turn a bright green, then strain water and add to the peas in the blender/food processor.
- In a pan or a soup pot, add grape seed oil, chopped onion and garlic. Turn heat to low-med and let simmer until onions turn translucent. Then add them to the blender/food processor.
- Add salt, basil, parsley, vegetable broth, avocado, and oregano to the blend/ food processor already containing the above ingredients and blend until pureed.
- Pour soup mixture back into the soup pot you may have used and heat on medium until it starts to bubble. Soup is now heated and can be served. If you are not serving right away you can just pour soup from blender/ food processor straight into a sealed glass container for later use.
As BBQ season is starting, us veggie lovers have a hard time participating. If you have a plant based diet, as I do, then you need to turn to “veggie burgers”. Even a burger without meat can still taste good, so try out this chickpea burger to replace your meat filled one, and make you a part of the summer season!
Makes 4 burgers.
-1/2 cup red onion
-1 medium garlic clove
-1 1/4 cup of cooked chickpeas
-1/3 cup sunflower seeds
-1/2 cup brown rice flour
-1/2 cup millet flour
-2 tbsp of Tahini
-chia egg (2 tbsp chia seeds, 6 tbsp water)
-1 tsp ground cumin
-1 tsp pink himalayan salt
-1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
1) In a food processor add the red onion and garlic clove. Process until they are finely chopped. Then add the chickpeas into the processor and process just a little bit so some of the chickpeas are still solid.
2) Put all contents of the food processor into a large mixing bowl. Now add the sunflower seeds, brown rice flour, millet flour, tahini, chia egg, cumin, salt, and toasted sesame seed oil, and stir until fully mixed.
3) Preheat the oven to 350 degress. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the mixture into 4 burgers and spread them out on the baking sheet.
4) Place the baking sheet in the oven and time for 15 mins, after 15 mins take the burgers out and flip them over, then bake for 10 more mins.
5) Take burgers out of oven and serve. You can keep burgers in the fridge in a contain for up to 5 days for freshness.
Makes 4 servings
You will need:
1/4 of a Green Cabbage (shredded)
2 Carrots (shredded)
3 Celery Stalks (chopped)
1 cup of chopped Dandelion Leaves (optional)
2 tbsp of Grapeseed Oil
1 tbsp of Tahini
1 tsp of Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp of Sea Salt
1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
1tsp of Garlic Powder
3 tbsp of Water
1/4 cup of Hemp Seeds
1) Shred 1/4 of a green cabbage, 2 Carrots, chop 3 stalks of Celery, and 1 cup of Dandelion leaves, then mix in bowl.
2) In a blender add 2 tbsp of Grapeseed oil, 1 tbsp of Tahini, 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard, 1/2 tsp of sea salt, 1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 3 tbsp of water, and blend until smooth.
3) Mix sauce in with slaw, add 1/4cup of hemp seeds, and let sit in fridge for an hour. Then serve! Makes an excellent summer side dish.