Lets be real for a moment, eating pizza while following a gluten free vegan lifestyle can be challenging at times. Yes chain pizza stores are starting to catch on and make gluten free crusts or have vegan cheese options, but are they really that good…
Because everyone deserves a treat once in awhile…..
But usually my treats are still pretty healthy, all my baking always uses “better” types of sugars (maple syrup, coconut sugar, honey) and of course are always gluten free.
Makes approx 11 muffins
You will need:
1 1/4 cup of 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use the dark chocolate camino brand)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and grease muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients (baking flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, coconut sugar, cocoa powder) and lightly mix together. In a separate bowl add wet ingredients (eggs, almond milk) and whisk together until fully blended, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir together.
- Once mixture is completely blended and all clumps are gone, add chocolate chips. Lightly stir in chocolate chips. Pour mixture into muffin tin, filling each one 3/4 the way full.
- Place in already heated over and bake for 20 mins. Check to make sure muffins are baked all the way through after 20 mins. When ready remove from the over and let cool and then use a fork to remove muffins from tin. Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Looking to keep warm for the last couple months of winter? Cozy up with a bowl of this healthy Tomato Carrot soup!
You will need:
1 cup of Vegetable broth
1 cup of Coconut milk (full fat from the can)
3 large Beefsteak Tomatoes
1 medium Carrot
2 cloves of Garlic
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp Cumin (powdered)
1/4 tsp red Chili flakes
1 tbsp dried Basil
- In a Large pot add vegetable broth, coconut milk, chopped tomatoes, chopped carrots, minced garlic cloves, salt, cumin, red chili flakes, and dried basil. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20-30 mins or until carrots are tender.
- Once finished cooking, let cool for 10 mins and then pour all contents into a blender and puree.
- Pour soup back into pot to reheat and eat or store in glass containers in the fridge for later.
You will Need:
-1 cup chopped frozen Strawberries
-1 cup plain Coconut Yogurt
-3/4 cup Coconut Milk (from the can)
-1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
-3 tbsp Maple Syrup
1) In a food processor add strawberries and process to break down strawberries a bit.
2) Add rest of ingredients to food processor (coconut yogurt, coconut milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup) and process until completely blended.
3) Pour mixture into a loaf pan or old ice cream container and place in freezer. Let freeze for around 4 hours.
4) To serve remove from freezer and let sit for 10 mins to soften and then serve and enjoy.