Jack fruit is a growing trend in the plant based world and if you have ever had it at a restaurant you know how good it can be. So I have created a recipe so you can bring this amazing taste into your home and…
Lets be real for a moment, eating pizza while following a gluten free vegan lifestyle can be challenging at times. Yes chain pizza stores are starting to catch on and make gluten free crusts or have vegan cheese options, but are they really that good…
Because everyone deserves a treat once in awhile….. But usually my treats are still pretty healthy, all my baking always uses “better” types of sugars (maple syrup, coconut sugar, honey) and of course are always gluten free. Makes approx 11 muffins You will need: 1…
As spring approaches, it isn’t just our houses that need a cleaning. All winter we eat heavier foods, so now it is time to lighten the load and choose some more detoxing meals. This soup is quick and easy to prep and just needs to be warmed up to enjoy! 🙂
You will need:
2 cups of frozen/fresh Green Peas
1 small cooking Onion
1 large clove of Garlic or 2 small ones
2 cups of chopped Broccoli
1 tbsp of Grape seed Oil
1 tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt
1 tsp of dried Basil
1/2 of chopped Parsley
3 cups of Vegetable Broth
1 tsp Oregano
- If using frozen peas, place peas in a sauce pan covered in water and bring to a boil. When peas are thawed and strained, add to a blender or large food processor.
- Place chopped broccoli in a wok or pan with 1/4 cup of water and let steam until they turn a bright green, then strain water and add to the peas in the blender/food processor.
- In a pan or a soup pot, add grape seed oil, chopped onion and garlic. Turn heat to low-med and let simmer until onions turn translucent. Then add them to the blender/food processor.
- Add salt, basil, parsley, vegetable broth, avocado, and oregano to the blend/ food processor already containing the above ingredients and blend until pureed.
- Pour soup mixture back into the soup pot you may have used and heat on medium until it starts to bubble. Soup is now heated and can be served. If you are not serving right away you can just pour soup from blender/ food processor straight into a sealed glass container for later use.
Iced Tea is such a refreshing drink in the summer. Another refreshing summer drink is a Mojito, so why not mix them together to make one amazing beverage (minus the alcohol).
You will need:
-10 cups of Water
-2 Green Tea bags
-10 Fresh Mint leaves
-1 Tbsp of Honey
-extra mint leaves and lime wedges
- Bring your 10 cups of water to a boil and pour into a pitcher (preferably glass or something that can withstand heat) with your 2 Green tea bags. Add in 10 whole Mint leaves, 1 tbsp of honey, and stir.
- Let mixture in pitcher sit on a counter top for 10-15 mins, then remove tea bags and stir.
- Place pitcher in the fridge over night or for 4-6 hours to let cool. Once pitcher is cool remove mint leaves and add the juice of 1 lime. Stir in the lime juice.
- To serve fill a glass with ice, mint leaves, and lime wedges, then pour tea in and drink. Enjoy! Store pitcher covered in fridge for up to a week.