Jack fruit is a growing trend in the plant based world and if you have ever had it at a restaurant you know how good it can be. So I have created a recipe so you can bring this amazing taste into your home and…
Lets be real for a moment, eating pizza while following a gluten free vegan lifestyle can be challenging at times. Yes chain pizza stores are starting to catch on and make gluten free crusts or have vegan cheese options, but are they really that good…
You will Need:
-1 cup chopped frozen Strawberries
-1 cup plain Coconut Yogurt
-3/4 cup Coconut Milk (from the can)
-1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
-3 tbsp Maple Syrup
1) In a food processor add strawberries and process to break down strawberries a bit.
2) Add rest of ingredients to food processor (coconut yogurt, coconut milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup) and process until completely blended.
3) Pour mixture into a loaf pan or old ice cream container and place in freezer. Let freeze for around 4 hours.
4) To serve remove from freezer and let sit for 10 mins to soften and then serve and enjoy.
You will need:
1 cup Almond meal
3/4 Brown Rice flour
1/3 cup Arrowroot flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup shredded Beets
2 tsp Chia seeds
2 tbsp Maple syrup
1 cup Almond milk
1) In a large mixing bowl add dry ingredients (almond meal, brown rice flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, cinnamon) and mix well.
2) In a medium mixing bowl add wet ingredients (shredded beets, chia seeds, maple syrup, almond milk) and mix, then add to dry ingredients and mix until all clumps are gone.
3) Preheat oven to 350. Grease donut pans.
4) Fill donut pan with batter (fill to the top of each one). Place in oven and bake for 16 mins.
Take donuts out and test with toothpick to make sure they are baked all the way through. Let cool and remove from pan.
5)Either enjoy as they are, with almond butter or ice with frosting. I use swerve (a natural sweetener that is the same consistency as icing sugar) mixed with almond milk to make a frosting that is lower glycemic then a normal icing sugar.