I hate to say it, but those cool fall days are heading our way. With fall and winter comes warm comfort foods and this recipe is one you will want to make all fall and winter long. The added spice will keep you warm for …
Lets be real for a moment, eating pizza while following a gluten free vegan lifestyle can be challenging at times. Yes chain pizza stores are starting to catch on and make gluten free crusts or have vegan cheese options, but are they really that good for you? I sometimes want to eat pizza and not feel guilty, and how could you feel guilty if the pizza you were eating was made out of mainly whole foods.
The recipe below is for a gluten free vegan pizza mainly consisting of whole foods, it is a thinner crust and kind of has a thick pancake consistency. So yes it will never taste like pizza from a box but at least you will get some nutritional value from this one.
Here’s how to make it-
1 cup chickpea flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup shredded yellow zucchini
½ cup warm water
Add all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix. Now add the zucchini and water and mix well.
Heat a large cast iron frying pan at medium and grease with grapeseed oil or coconut oil. Pour batter into the pan and smooth out with the back of a spoon (make sure it’s not too and has holes). Let batter cook for approx. 10 mins or until it is cooked all the way through. Then flip and cook for 5 mins. Take off stove for next part.
White Cream Sauce:
½ cup soaked cashews (either soak overnight or boil for a half hour)
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp sea salt
¼ cup water
¼ tsp dried oregano
4 fresh basil leaves
½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add all ingredient into a mini food processor or a high powered blended and blend until smooth. Spread sauce on pizza crust you cooked in the cast iron pan, and then add toppings of your choosing (I just used kale and red onions) and then top with dairy free cheese. Place in oven and bake for approx. 12 mins or until cheese melts.
Take out of oven and let cool, take out of pan and cut in a cutting board. Enjoy!
Please comment to let me know how it turns out for you!
As spring approaches, it isn’t just our houses that need a cleaning. All winter we eat heavier foods, so now it is time to lighten the load and choose some more detoxing meals. This soup is quick and easy to prep and just needs to be warmed up to enjoy! 🙂
You will need:
2 cups of frozen/fresh Green Peas
1 small cooking Onion
1 large clove of Garlic or 2 small ones
2 cups of chopped Broccoli
1 tbsp of Grape seed Oil
1 tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt
1 tsp of dried Basil
1/2 of chopped Parsley
3 cups of Vegetable Broth
1 tsp Oregano
- If using frozen peas, place peas in a sauce pan covered in water and bring to a boil. When peas are thawed and strained, add to a blender or large food processor.
- Place chopped broccoli in a wok or pan with 1/4 cup of water and let steam until they turn a bright green, then strain water and add to the peas in the blender/food processor.
- In a pan or a soup pot, add grape seed oil, chopped onion and garlic. Turn heat to low-med and let simmer until onions turn translucent. Then add them to the blender/food processor.
- Add salt, basil, parsley, vegetable broth, avocado, and oregano to the blend/ food processor already containing the above ingredients and blend until pureed.
- Pour soup mixture back into the soup pot you may have used and heat on medium until it starts to bubble. Soup is now heated and can be served. If you are not serving right away you can just pour soup from blender/ food processor straight into a sealed glass container for later use.
You will Need: -1 cup chopped frozen Strawberries -1 cup plain Coconut Yogurt -3/4 cup Coconut Milk (from the can) -1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract -3 tbsp Maple Syrup 1) In a food processor add strawberries and process to break down strawberries a bit. 2) Add …
You will need:
1 clove of minced garlic
2 tbsp of plain coconut yogurt
1 tbsp of almond milk
2 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 tsp of pink Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp of dried basil
1/2 tsp of dried oregano
1/2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until fully mixed. Then add to your favourite salad, or use as a dip for veggies.