V/GF Chocolate Donuts (no donut pan needed)
These donuts are thick, dense and filling. The dough is rolled and shaped into a round donut so no donut pan is needed).
1 cup of Brown Rice Flour
1/2 cup of Tapioca Starch
1/2 cup of Coconut Sugar
1/2 cup of Cocoa Powder
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
1/4 tsp of Sea Salt
1/2 cup of Millet Flour
1 tsp of Cinnamon
6 Dates (pitted)
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp of Grapeseed oil
1 Flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax 3 Tbsp water)
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl (Rice flour, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, millet flour, cinnamon).
- Mix 1 tbsp of ground flax with 2 tbsp of water.
- Add Dates (with no pits), vanilla extract, Grapeseed oil, and Flax egg to a blender or food processor and blend until dates are broken down and smooth.
- Add blended mix to dry mix and stir together. Dough should be thick, if dough is too thick add almond milk.
- Make sure dough is completely mixed and roll in cylinder shapes and attach into a circle to make a donut shape.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place dough shaped as donuts on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out, at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 mins.
- Let cool and then enjoy!