Need a to go snack for your baby that has minimal sugar and minimal ingredients? Or maybe just a quick breakfast to go along with some cut up fruit or avocado? These cookies are perfect to add to any snack or meal! Makes approx 6…
Because everyone deserves a treat once in awhile…..
But usually my treats are still pretty healthy, all my baking always uses “better” types of sugars (maple syrup, coconut sugar, honey) and of course are always gluten free.
Makes approx 11 muffins
You will need:
1 1/4 cup of 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup coconut sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use the dark chocolate camino brand)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and grease muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients (baking flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, coconut sugar, cocoa powder) and lightly mix together. In a separate bowl add wet ingredients (eggs, almond milk) and whisk together until fully blended, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir together.
- Once mixture is completely blended and all clumps are gone, add chocolate chips. Lightly stir in chocolate chips. Pour mixture into muffin tin, filling each one 3/4 the way full.
- Place in already heated over and bake for 20 mins. Check to make sure muffins are baked all the way through after 20 mins. When ready remove from the over and let cool and then use a fork to remove muffins from tin. Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
You will need:
1 cup of Almond Meal
1/2 cup of Sorghum flour
1/2 cup of Rice Flour
1/2 cup of Buckwheat flour
1/2 cup of Tapioca starch
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 tsp of pink Himalayan salt
1/8 tsp of Nutmeg
1/4 tsp of Cardamom
1 tsp of Cinnamon
2 tbsp of coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup of Apple Sauce
1/2 cup of Maple Syrup
1/2 cup of Almond Milk
1/4 cup of chopped Pecans
1/4 cup of chopped Walnuts
Flax Egg (2tbsp of ground flax seed, 4 tbsp of water)
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Mix all dry ingredients together (almond meal, sorghum flour, rice flour, buckwheat flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom)
3) Mix all wet ingredients (melted coconut oil, apple sauce, maple syrup, almond milk, flax egg). Then mix wet and dry together until all clumps are gone and add in chopped nuts (pecans and walnuts). Note: leave about half of the chopped nuts for toppings.
4) Grease or cover a loaf pan with parchment paper then evenly pour the batter into the loaf pan. After levelling out the batter in the pan , evenly sprinkle the rest of the chopped nuts on the loaf.
5) Bake loaf in oven at 350 for 35 mins or until it is baked completely through. Take out and let cool before slicing.
6) Add whatever toppings such as almond butter, maple butter, honey, or chia jam. Enjoy!