Looking for a quick and easy snack for your child that involves minimal ingredients? Keep reading! Not sure if you have ever heard of oaty bars? But my son is addicted to them, as much as I am not a fan of feeding him packaged …
Because everyone deserves a treat once in awhile….. But usually my treats are still pretty healthy, all my baking always uses “better” types of sugars (maple syrup, coconut sugar, honey) and of course are always gluten free. Makes approx 11 muffins You will need: 1 …
These donuts are thick, dense and filling. The dough is rolled and shaped into a round donut so no donut pan is needed).
1 cup of Brown Rice Flour
1/2 cup of Tapioca Starch
1/2 cup of Coconut Sugar
1/2 cup of Cocoa Powder
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
1/4 tsp of Sea Salt
1/2 cup of Millet Flour
1 tsp of Cinnamon
6 Dates (pitted)
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp of Grapeseed oil
1 Flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax 3 Tbsp water)
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl (Rice flour, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, millet flour, cinnamon).
- Mix 1 tbsp of ground flax with 2 tbsp of water.
- Add Dates (with no pits), vanilla extract, Grapeseed oil, and Flax egg to a blender or food processor and blend until dates are broken down and smooth.
- Add blended mix to dry mix and stir together. Dough should be thick, if dough is too thick add almond milk.
- Make sure dough is completely mixed and roll in cylinder shapes and attach into a circle to make a donut shape.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place dough shaped as donuts on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out, at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 mins.
- Let cool and then enjoy!
1 cup of Cashews
1/4 of a Lemon
1/2 of water
1/4 tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt
1/4 cup of fresh Dill
1/2 tsp of dried Oregano
1) Soak Cashews in warm water for 2-4 hours or overnight.
2) Drain Cashews from water and in a high powered blender add Cashews, water (fresh water not the stuff you just drained), Lemon juice (use the juice from 1/4 of a lemon), Dill, Salt, and Oregano.
3) Turn on blender at a high power until it is smooth. Spoon out and serve!
It goes well if used as a dip with cut up vegetables or can be used as a spread on toast or sandwiches.