Thanksgiving weekend is here! The time of year where we sit down and share a meal with friends and family, and are thankful for all the love in our lives. When trying to follow a plant based diet sometime Thanks giving can be tricky because…
1/2 cup Red Lentils
2 cups of Vegetable Broth
1 cup of Water
1 cup of Oats
2 shredded Carrots
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Basil
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Thyme
1 cup of Spinach
1 Sliced Zuccini
1/2 cup shredded Vegan cheese
- In a pot add the lentils, water and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and let simmer until lentils are fully cooked and liquid is gone.
- To the cooked lentils add the oats, salt, shredded carrots, basil, oregano, and thyme. Stir until completely mixed and let sit for 10 mins.
- In a greased 8×8 or 9×9 pan or glass dish spoon mixture into the pan and spread until even. Then place spinach leaves across bottom layer until spinach is evenly distributed.
- Take slice zucchini and create an even layer of zucchini, then sprinkle vegan cheese until all zucchini is covered.
- Bake at 350 for approx 20 mins or until zucchini is cooked and cheese is melted.
- Let cool for approx 10 mins and cut into even squares then serve.
Makes Approx 4 servings
1 butternut squash
1 small onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 carton of vegetable broth
4 cups of cooked chickpeas
2 tbsp of chili powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp of cumin powder
1/8 tsp of cayenne powder
1) Chop up butternut squash into 1/2 inch cubes.
2) Chop onion, carrots and mince garlic. Sautee in frying pan with Grapeseed oil until onions are translucent.
3) In a large soup pot add cooked onions, garlic, and chopped squash and carrots. Add chickpeas and vegetable broth. Start to boil on medium heat and add in all spices (chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne) then stir. Keep boiling on medium heat and stir occasionally.
4) Boil for approx 40 mins or until butternut squash is cooked all the way through (test with a fork). If chili is not to desired thickness add a tbsp of rice flour to thicken. Then serve.
Makes about 2-4 servings depending on the size. You need: 2 cups of cooked organic long grain brown rice 1 cup of steamed Green peas 1 cup of steamed Broccoli 1/4 cup of Hemp seeds Creamy Garlic Sauce: 1 cup of soaked Cashews 1/2 cup…
Makes 2 large servings. You Need: 2 cups of cooked Quinoa 4 Beets with the greens 1 Broccoli crown 1 tsp sea salt 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar 1/2 cup Grapeseed Oil 1 tsp dried Basil 1) Boil 1 cup of Quinoa in 1 cup of…