Quinoa, Beets, and Broccolli with a Balsamic Basil Dressing
Makes 2 large servings.
2 cups of cooked Quinoa
4 Beets with the greens
1 Broccoli crown
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup Grapeseed Oil
1 tsp dried Basil
1) Boil 1 cup of Quinoa in 1 cup of water with 1/2 tsp of Sea salt until Quinoa is fluffy (approx 20 mins).
2) Scrub Beets and cut off tops (save the greens), then chop beets into cubes and boil in water until tender (fork test).
3) Add some water to the bottom of a pan, chop beet greens and let them simmer in the pan until wilted and change color.
4) Chop Broccoli crown into bite size pieces and put in pan with water, simmer until they turn a bright green.
5) In a glass bottle or container with a lid add Grapeseed Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, 1/2 tsp salt, and basil. Then shake until mixed completely.
6) Scoop cooked Quinoa, Beets, Beet greens, and Broccoli on your plate and then drizzle the dressing all over .