You will Need: -1 cup chopped frozen Strawberries -1 cup plain Coconut Yogurt -3/4 cup Coconut Milk (from the can) -1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract -3 tbsp Maple Syrup 1) In a food processor add strawberries and process to break down strawberries a bit. 2) Add…
You will need:
1 clove of minced garlic
2 tbsp of plain coconut yogurt
1 tbsp of almond milk
2 tbsp of olive oil
1/2 tsp of pink Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp of dried basil
1/2 tsp of dried oregano
1/2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until fully mixed. Then add to your favourite salad, or use as a dip for veggies.
As BBQ season is starting, us veggie lovers have a hard time participating. If you have a plant based diet, as I do, then you need to turn to “veggie burgers”. Even a burger without meat can still taste good, so try out this chickpea burger to replace your meat filled one, and make you a part of the summer season!
Makes 4 burgers.
-1/2 cup red onion
-1 medium garlic clove
-1 1/4 cup of cooked chickpeas
-1/3 cup sunflower seeds
-1/2 cup brown rice flour
-1/2 cup millet flour
-2 tbsp of Tahini
-chia egg (2 tbsp chia seeds, 6 tbsp water)
-1 tsp ground cumin
-1 tsp pink himalayan salt
-1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
1) In a food processor add the red onion and garlic clove. Process until they are finely chopped. Then add the chickpeas into the processor and process just a little bit so some of the chickpeas are still solid.
2) Put all contents of the food processor into a large mixing bowl. Now add the sunflower seeds, brown rice flour, millet flour, tahini, chia egg, cumin, salt, and toasted sesame seed oil, and stir until fully mixed.
3) Preheat the oven to 350 degress. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the mixture into 4 burgers and spread them out on the baking sheet.
4) Place the baking sheet in the oven and time for 15 mins, after 15 mins take the burgers out and flip them over, then bake for 10 more mins.
5) Take burgers out of oven and serve. You can keep burgers in the fridge in a contain for up to 5 days for freshness.
Makes approx 4 servings
1 cup of Green Lentils (dry)
1 can of Coconut Milk (full fat)
1/4 cup of Almond Milk
2 cloves of Garlic
1 medium Onion
1 cup of chopped Mushrooms
1 tsp of Sea Salt
1 cup of Cauliflower
1 tsp of Cardamom
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Boil Lentils in water until fully cooked. After they finish cooking, drain water, and add to food processor.
- Chop Onion and simmer in a frying pan on medium heat (add a tbsp of grapeseed oil to pan) until translucent, then add 2 minced garlic cloves and let simmer for a couple mins. When finished cooking add to food processor.
- Simmer chopped mushrooms in a frying pan until water has evaporated then add to the food processor.
- Add Coconut Milk, Almond Milk, Sea Salt, Cardamom, Cumin and Cinnamon.
- Steam Cauliflower for a couple mins until tender all the way through. Then add to food processor.
- After all ingredients are added to food processor blend until smooth.
- Then reheat in a pot until at desired heat and serve.