Chickpea Veggie Burger
As BBQ season is starting, us veggie lovers have a hard time participating. If you have a plant based diet, as I do, then you need to turn to “veggie burgers”. Even a burger without meat can still taste good, so try out this chickpea burger to replace your meat filled one, and make you a part of the summer season!
Makes 4 burgers.
-1/2 cup red onion
-1 medium garlic clove
-1 1/4 cup of cooked chickpeas
-1/3 cup sunflower seeds
-1/2 cup brown rice flour
-1/2 cup millet flour
-2 tbsp of Tahini
-chia egg (2 tbsp chia seeds, 6 tbsp water)
-1 tsp ground cumin
-1 tsp pink himalayan salt
-1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
1) In a food processor add the red onion and garlic clove. Process until they are finely chopped. Then add the chickpeas into the processor and process just a little bit so some of the chickpeas are still solid.
2) Put all contents of the food processor into a large mixing bowl. Now add the sunflower seeds, brown rice flour, millet flour, tahini, chia egg, cumin, salt, and toasted sesame seed oil, and stir until fully mixed.
3) Preheat the oven to 350 degress. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the mixture into 4 burgers and spread them out on the baking sheet.
4) Place the baking sheet in the oven and time for 15 mins, after 15 mins take the burgers out and flip them over, then bake for 10 more mins.
5) Take burgers out of oven and serve. You can keep burgers in the fridge in a contain for up to 5 days for freshness.